Effective Date: September 16, 2021
This website is owned and run by Privé Pet, LLC ("we", "our", "us"). If we use the term "our Company", this means us and our subsidiaries. The term "our online services" refers to PRIVÉ PET our pages on third-party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and Google+, and any other websites or apps we own or run from time to time. The term "our services" refers to our online services. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms "user", "visitor", "you", "your", "yours" in this policy.
1. What personal data do we collect from you and how?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.privepet.com:
- We process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive the PRIVÉ PET newsletter.
- If you register for a PRIVÉ PET account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favorite products and your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.privepet.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.privepet.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else's data - for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift - we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend. If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
- If you subscribe to receive the PRIVÉ PET newsletter, we will collect and process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the subscription. You have the option to provide us with your birth day and month and to subscribe to our marketing communications and those from our partners.
- When you call our Customer Care team, your call will be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes.
2. What are cookies?
The cookies used on our online services:3. How this information may be used
Whenever you give us your personal information we will use it in accordance with applicable privacy laws and for the purposes set out in this policy, on the data entry forms you complete, in any relevant terms and conditions and on pages or emails which link to the data entry forms.
When you use our services:
If you use any of our services, register for or attend one of our events, set up, look at or change your account details or contact a member of our Customer Care team, we will record your personal details. Your information will be used in the first place to provide the products, services or information you have asked for and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We keep the information you provide and may use it for several purposes, including: (i) accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (ii) credit checking or screening; (iii) authentication and identity checks; (iv) credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening; (v) debt collection; (vi) safety, security, health, training, administrative and legal purposes; (vii) data matching and dedupe, statistical and market analysis, and marketing information; (viii) advertising and marketing for us, our company and third parties; (ix) developing, testing and maintaining systems; (x) studies, research and development; (xi) customer surveys; (xii) customer care and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences; (xiii) where required by law or in connection with legal proceeding or disputes; and (iv) any other uses set out in the terms and conditions for use of our services. For these purposes, we may disclose your information to one or more of the other organizations listed in the section called “who we will share your personal information with”.
Saved payment card details will only be shared with our payment partner and not with any other third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates, as detailed in the next section.
Tracking how our online services are used:
We collect, and use third parties to collect and share with us, information from visitors to our online services and analyze it to build up a picture of how people use our websites. This helps us improve the services we offer. We may also give anonymous statistics about visitors to other, reputable organizations, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow these organizations to identify you.
Customization of our online services and advert targeting:
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your permission before we publish it.
Comments and reviews submitted to our online services:
If you wish to submit a comment or feedback on a blog or article featured on our services, we may (but are not obliged to) publish your comment online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will collect your name or username which will be displayed next to your comment and e-mail address, which will not be published, but which we may use to contact you in relation to your comment.
When you request our mobile services, we may keep your mobile phone number, the make and model of your phone, the operating system used by your phone and details of your network operator, and we will link a unique identifier to your mobile phone number. We’ll store your device language, app language, and country. We need this information in order to provide the features and services enabled through our mobile services and to administer our mobile service.
For information on how we may market to you, please read the section called “marketing opt-in and opt-out provisions”.
4. Who we will share your personal information with
From time to time, we may engage third party business partners to provide information about you or to collect personal information on our behalf. We may also share or match your data with third party business partners to provide you with the products, services or information you ask for or for interest-based advertising. We may pass your information onto one or more of the following organizations: (i) data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers working on our company’s behalf; (ii) ad-serving agencies and other advertising intermediaries; (iii) credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, which may keep a record of that information; (iv) research students, universities and other research and development organisations; (v) regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, such as the police.
Every now and again, we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organization asking for it.
We collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we may pass onto third parties, but this information does not include any details which can identify you personally.
5. Where we process your personal information
When we use your information as described in this policy, this may involve sending your information outside of the United States. When we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the USA. Governments in countries such as the USA have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
6. Marketing opt-in and opt-out provision
We offer you the chance to receive news and fashion updates which, depending on your preferences, we will discuss with you by phone or live chat or send to you via email, SMS and/or direct mail. These include alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. You can opt-out of receiving these updates, if you wish.
We, or our third party business partners, may also ask you if you want to receive marketing if you enter a promotion or attend an event thrown or sponsored by us. Other companies in our company may also pass your personal information to us for marketing use.
Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by our company.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Whenever you receive direct marketing from us, we will tell you how to unsubscribe. Alternatively you can change your marketing preferences by signing into My Account. To opt out of direct mail, please contact our Customer Care team by emailing us at email@example.com
If you tell us that you do not want to receive direct marketing, we will still contact you in order to provide you with products and services you request and for administration purposes.
7. How you can access your personal information and keep it up to date
You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to review and update your personal details. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold is not correct, please visit our online services and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, our Customer Care team, may access your personal data from our online services using your user ID and password. Information may be changed online within “My Details”, “Shipping Details” and “My Email Preferences”. You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will amend your personal details.
8. Safeguarding your personal information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. These cover storing, using, and releasing any information you have provided, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorized access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use.
9. Why we link to other websites
Our online services contain hyperlinks to websites that are owned and operated by other organizations. These websites have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we urge you to read them. They control how your personal information is used when you give it to these other organizations or they collect it with cookies. We do not approve any other websites and we are not responsible for any information, material, products or services that are on or accessible through those websites or for the privacy practices of websites run by other organizations. If you use these other websites you do so at your own risk.
11. Where and how to ask questions or contact us about this policy
PRIVÉ PET is based in the United States, with our servers and offices headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Website, an Account, or any services provided by us will be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States will be different from similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Website or an Account, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and within the United States. If our cookies or other software detects IP addresses located in a country outside the United States, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.
If you are in the EU, you have certain additional rights and protections under the law regarding the collection and processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EU, we will collect and process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and fulfillment of the goods you have ordered);
- When we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your personal data in order for us to run a successful commercial organization (e.g. to communicate with you about updates regarding your order, to advertise products to specifically tailored for you, and send you updates to this policy);
- Where you have given your consent (e.g. to market products to you, to use Location Information) – please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Cloud storage providers including Amazon Web Services located in Virginia, which currently stores your personal data in Virginia, to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- IT Services providers (including Segment, located in the United States), that provide us with SaaS services, who we use to store our customer relationship management information, etc.;
- provided you have consented, advertisers and advertising networks including Google and Facebook located in California, and which store your personal data in California, that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers including Google and Heap located in California and which currently store your personal data in California that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the website; and
Data Subject Requests
If you are a user in the EU, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You also have the right to data portability, and to restrict certain processing of your data in certain circumstances. You also have the right to complain to your data protection authority if you have any complaints about how we process your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data at any time, and you can withdraw your consent to marketing at any time.
To make any of these requests please email email@example.com We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We will request proof of identification to verify your identity.
We reserve the right to deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in certain cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing or your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
Questions or Complaints
In the event that you have a concern about our collection and processing of your data, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to fix it. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with your local supervisory authority.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
12. California privacy rights
This section applies solely to the Californian consumers’ personal information processing (excluding our employees, applicants, staff and contractors). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms having the meaning given in the CCPA.
- Access: you have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and details regarding our collection, use, disclosure of such information.
- Deletion: you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out: You have the right to manage the activation of the cookies as described in the cookie section.
- contact us directly at the e-mail address email@example.com If you exercise your rights, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity (such as your name, email address, phone number and/or address).
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: Jan. 24, 2023
The Privé Pet mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Privé Pet (“Privé Pet”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Privé Pet’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Privé Pet through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Prive Pet. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18449493192 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Prive Pet mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt-out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18449493192 or email customercare@privepet.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.